Activity Sheet 1: How the Eyes WorkBelow is a drawing of the eye with some of the more important parts numbered. Write the names of the parts of the eye and their functions in the proper boxes. The clue list is there to help you.
- Ciliary Muscle
- Optic Nerve
- Contains cells that detect light
- Opening to the inner eye
- Controls the size of the pupil
- Focuses image of object
- Controls shape of lens
- Transmits information to brain
- Outermost transparent layer of eye, begins focusing process
- Cornea. Outermost transparent layer of eye. Begins focusing process.
- Pupil. Opening to the inner eye.
- Iris. Controls size of puil.
- Lens. Focuses image of object (on retina).
- Retina. Contains cells that detect light.
- Ciliary muscle. Controls shape of the eye.
- Optic Nerve. Transmits information to the brain.